How to get the details of fixversion using fixversion name?

How to get the details of fix version using fix version name?

I know I can get the details of all the fix version using below mentioned rest API

rest/api/2/project/{project Name}/versions/.

But I want to get the details of specific fix version. is there any API?

or I need to iterate through response

1 answer

0 vote

It should be possible by either expanding some fields or by using /rest/api/2/search endpoint. 

However, what kind details are you trying to get for a specific version? 

Every fixversion has details like released:true, releaseDate.

I want to extract these value using rest. I know I can do if I know internal ID of fixversion but how I can get these details by using name of fixversion.

As documented you can only use the version ID:

You cannot use the name since different releases in differerent projects can have the same name/version.

One thig you can do is to call rest/api/2/project/{project Name}/versions/, search for the release name, get the ID and then call /rest/api/2/version/{id}

that is what I am doing but as my project has more than 1000 fix version so it is quite slow to iterate through all.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

172 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot