How to get the content of textarea in a vm page

xuhai zhao August 29, 2012

<webwork1 key="select-action" name="Select Project" class="java.lang.Object">

<actions>

<action name="com.atlassian.cpji.action.SelectTargetProjectAction" alias="SelectTargetProjectAction">

<view name="success">/templates/selectproject.vm</view>

<view name="error">/templates/error.vm</view>

</action>

</actions>

</webwork1>

just like this, how could the SelectTargetProjectAction get the content of the a textarea in selectproject.vm.

It seems that the value attribute is not work, using the "value" can only get part of the content.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

eh? it doesnt, and you cant, but I think I know where you're going

1) it doesnt: The Action is passed in as a reference TO the velocity template when the Webwork? processor hands off for rendering. The Action does not 'get' the rendered velocity output at any time.

2) it cant: The rendering is piped to the web browser. The client then enters text into a text area at which point the Action is definitely out of the picture.

3) What I think you want to do is inject content into the velocity template FROM the action? this is done with something like:

<textarea id="expectedValue-content" cols="80" rows="30" name="expectedValue" value="$action.getContent()">$!action.getContent()</textarea>

xuhai zhao August 29, 2012

I want the user to input sth. into the textarea, and then the Action get the content and process it just as processing a string, is it possible?

The content of "<input type="text" ...>" can be got, but the textarea seems a little different.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

I see, that wasnt clear, sorry haven't played with the dynamic editing stuff yet, so can't comment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events