Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get spaces from Confluence 2.10 into SharePoint 2010 with the help of SharePoint Connector?

sujeet giri September 11, 2011

Hi,

I am facing trouble to use SharePont Connector in order to connect Confluence 2.10 to SharePoint 2010. The test connection is okay and passed. but here is the error that I get while I try to edit SP Connector webpart in SharePoint 2010:

ERROR: Unable to load spaces or blogs from Confluence
Unable to perform requested action.

I have already applied the solution given here and it does not help : https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/CSI-399?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Achangehistory-tabpanel

I have also looked into issue with the diagonstic tool and I think issue is with the rpc/soap-axis/permcheck?wsdl URL.

In my Confluence 2.10 instance, rpc/soap-axis/permcheck?wsdl is working, however rpc/soap/permcheck?wsdl or rpc/soap/permcheck.wsdl is not working.

Is my webpart trying to access the old RPC Glue URL? If so, is there an update available for the SP Connector for SharePoint 2010 version?

Also, has anyone able to successfully been able to connect Confluence 2.10 with SharePoint 2010?

Waiting for reply, Thanks in advance!

Sujeet

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2011

Hi Sujeet,

What version of the SharePoint Connector are you using?

Can you check your SharePoint Logs for errors (see http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SPCON/Analysing+the+SharePoint+Logs)

I am using SharePointConnector-1.4.5.

Here is the detail of Diagnostic tool resuts:

Test Login - Pass

Test License - Pass

Test Get Spaces - Failed

Error:

The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke! targetService is permcheck-v2

Stack Trace:

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at CSIDiagnostics.ConfluencePermissionCheckerWebService.PermissionCheckerService.getSpacesForUser(String in0, String in1)
at CSIDiagnostics.Form1.TestGetSpaces(String confluenceUrl, String token, String username, String password)
at CSIDiagnostics.Form1.TestGetSpaces()

I will look into the logs and post the findings soon.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2011

Can you check in Confluence that the version of the SharePoint plugin you have installed is also version 1.4.5?

Plugin Versions is 1.2.1.

This is the lastest one that I can see from the list of Plug-in List.

I have been able to fix this issue.

The issue was coming because there was a version mis-match between the plugin installation at Confluence and SharePoint end.

In the confluence I was installing it from the Plugin Manager which was displaying the latest SharePoint plugin version only upto 1.2.1, I think this is the last supported version for Confluence 2.10.

However, at Sharepoint end, I was simly downloading the latest version of connector, so I was getting this issue.

The issue has been fixed when I downloaded the same 1.2.1 connector version at SharePoint 2010 end.

However I have run into a new problem that is:

Version 1.2.1 of this plugin, does not have web parts related to Blogs page and Blogs Tree, so I can not display the blogs on my page.

Any ideas??

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2011

Unfortunately the blog post web parts were only added in SharePoint Connector 1.3, and the minimum supported version of Confluence for 1.3 is Confluence 3.0.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events