How to get rid of Email this issue Email footer

Eva Höglin August 9, 2017

I have setup a template for Email this issue, to be used when sending manual emails from a jira issue.

It is defined in the context for my project, and the template is populated when I test the Email button from an issue.

When I created the template, I started from a Theme, but removed all template code and put in my own email subject and body.

The problem is that the Email this issue plugin seems to add a footer that I cannot get rid of, e.g it contains details about the jira issue + also telling that the email was sent with the plugin. I cannot find this text anywhere in the template or any configuration.

How can I get rid of it?

Example of added text:

"Description
-----------

Custom Fields
-------------
Comments
--------
This email was sent by the Email This Issue addon [https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.jira.plugin.emailissue/server/overview]."

3 answers

1 vote
Eva Höglin September 7, 2017

I had to override the built in (non editable, non visible) template of the plugin with an empty template setting it as default.

0 votes
Alby Siby December 8, 2023

@Eva Höglin @henrykoren We are also facing this issue, Could you please help us how you fixed this issue.

We are using Email This Issue and also customized button template but still getting footers in email notification.

0 votes
henrykoren August 1, 2021

Could you please explain how you did that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events