How to get issue list from project in jira 3.12?

michael raj December 9, 2012

Need to get the all issues from the project or component in jira 3.12 version

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2012

All you need to do is run a query in Jira - don't bother messing with the database, a simple Jira search can do it already.

Once you've done the search in Jira, look at the top of the screen for the various displays for it - if you want to get it into another application, the XML link is very useful. If you need to get a range of different queries, look carefully at the URL for the XML - it will contain the id for a saved filter, or a series of parameters defining your search.

Hooking up something to try to read via SQL is a lot more complicated, less flexible and pretty much pointless.

Thanks Luzia. I have one question. Using SOAP api we cant able to get all the issues ? (without filter or search issue)

michael raj December 10, 2012

Thanks Nic!!!!

I have one question. Using SOAP api we cant able to get all the issues ? (without filter or search issue)

0 votes
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

Yeah, I can't find information about the API of 3.12 anymore.

I'm sure you can connect your php script to JIRA's db and get the info you need.

Hi Luzia,

Thank you very much. Please guide me, how to connect php with jira db?

0 votes
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

Don't exactly remember how is the database on 3.12...but you should be able to find something like

select * from jiraissue where projectkey = <something>

There are just two tables you're interested in, and I'm pretty sure the projects are in a 'projects' table, and the issues are in the 'jiraissue' table

Hi Luzia,

I already tried with SOAP API via PHP. Using getComponets() and getProject() we can able to lis the existed components and projects. But i cant able to list the issues unser any component or project. I am realy appriciate your answer.

Hi Luzia,

Thanks for your update. Your answer seems SQL query. But How can i use this query using PHP?

Suggest an answer