How to get Xporter errors for exported issues

BaldDude79 March 8, 2017

Hello,

Is there a way to know what errors occured when an issue has been exported by Xporter? 

For example, if there is a syntax error in a template and no data is exported, an error must have occured when the template was used.

So is there a log, or something else to help find the error?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

Hi @Barry Allan,

Sorry for the late reply.

You can find Xporter logs on atlassian-jira.log file. It's located at ${JIRA_HOME}/log

Is this question related with this one? If so, you can mark it as answered.

Cheers,

Rui Rodrigues.

BaldDude79 March 9, 2017

Not quite. I was trying to identify which fields in my template are causing problems and find a way to spot syntax errors. 

BaldDude79 March 9, 2017

Does the log provide that kind of information?

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

It provides some info about IF conditions/Iterations malformed. To see them, you just need to configure the Debug level for Xporter.

You can see the how to here.

Regarding to the fields validation, it's complex to validate that because the custom field processing is made in the same way such as native fields.

Btw, I can create an improvement to do that if you want and we'll check if it will be possible and what's the impact.

Cheers,

Rui Rodrigues.

BaldDude79 March 9, 2017

As you might have noticed, this is all new to me (really?? smile ). I do not know what you ask implies, but if it can help me or other users, sure.

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2017

I've created a new story. You can vote and follow its status here.

Cheers.

Rui Rodrigues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events