How to filter easyBI report by passing filter value at runtime?

Ninad Naik April 7, 2016

We have created eazyBI report for estimated efforts vs actual efforts for all projects. The report has project as one the filters. We want to display this report on JIRA dashboard for a certain projects. Can we pass project as parameter when configuring the report on JIRA dashboard of the project?  The aim is to use the one report to display data based on the selected project so that we do not have to create separate report for each project.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2016

Hi Ninad,

Yes, you can change the Page filter whenever displaying eazyBI report in JIRA dashboard. After you have changed the Page selection to the one that should be displayed in this dashboard, click the save button (see screenshot below). Next time you view the report, report will be displayed with the saved page selection.

eazyBI_reports_-_My_Company_JIRA.png

The dashboard specific page selection can be removed when changing dashboard gadget parameters.

Kind regards,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

Pavani Maligi August 8, 2018

Hi,

I have added dashboard  in jira.Can you please let me know how to add filter? So that user can see only his project specific data.Please elaborate on page filter

Regards

Pavani

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2018

Hi @Pavani Maligi!

When adding Project dimension to pages and selecting one or multiple projects, the report only shows measures for the issues in this project. See more detailed description about page dimensions in the eazyBI documentation page.
You can save different page selection when embedding the same eazyBI report in different Jira dashboards.

Let me know if I missed something and you have some further questions!

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events