How to enable rich text in description/comments using JEditor and JETI

John Rana February 12, 2016

Hi,

I'm trying out the JETI and the JEditor plugin.

I'm not sure how to set this up. I'm using JETI as a mail handler connected to my project. I would like the description and comment sections set to rich text for that project alone. So when someone sends an email with a table in the body to an address that is connected to my project, I want that table to be displayed neatly in the description.

For composing, I have ticked the below in JETI -> Configuration. This is not an issue.

Tick this if you want to use JEditor when composing emails. In order to make JEditor work, you must obtain a license and install it in this JIRA instance.
Thanks in advance.
John

2 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Hi @John Rana,

To enable JEditor you need to go to the field configuration and go through all text fields and click on renderers and choose JEditor renderer.

0 votes
Natalie Wenz April 18, 2016

Hello,

I installed a trial version of JEditor for JIRA and already changed the renderer to JEditor Renderer in the corresponding field configuration for description field.

I'm not sure if I missed some configuration but I didn't get the toolbar with full options.

If I click in the description editor and select JEditor I get this menu, without any option to insert tables etc.

I already configured the toolbar in JEditor menu and select every item to the full menu as well as to the mini menu.

Capture.PNG

Any idea what is wrong with my configuration?

Thanks in advance

Natalie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events