How to enable GreenHopper Plugin

Xiuqing Bao March 8, 2012

I have put the jira-greenhopper-plugin-5.9.jar under atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib and restarted the jira.

Now I can see the GreenHopper plugin in page 'Plugins' under tab 'User-installed Plugins'. However, when I tried to click Enable button there, the error message appeared. I don't know why?

I know that Jira has two types of plugin,'Version 1' Plugins and 'Version 2' Plugins, how about the greenhopper?

16 answers

0 votes
Xiuqing Bao March 11, 2012

I have successfully installed the GH plugin by copying the jar into the {JIRA_HOME}/plugins/installed-plugins directory

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2012

I had a similar issue, I am going to assume you had an active license key previously and this is not a 30 day trial.

If searching under install does not find greenhopper then go to the plugins website and download the jar file to your local computer. Then on the plugin page you should see an upload plugin link under install tab on the right side. Use that link and then upload the jar from your local computer to the jira server. It should automatically install.

Normally though, the plugin interface should work for greenhopper.

0 votes
Xiuqing Bao March 11, 2012

I have removed the jar and tried to search for GH on plugin install page, but nothing was found.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2012

Did you search for GH after putting the jar file? Can you remove the jar, restart jira and try searching again?

0 votes

Yes, the server has internet access.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2012

Just open a browser in your server machine and check whether you can access any website.

0 votes

I'm not sure , how can I test it?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2012

Your server has internet access?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2012

Is your machine able to connect to internet? And just to confirm are you using the final release of Jira or Jira rc2?

0 votes

'Click the 'Install' tab in the UPM. The 'Find new plugin' page will display, showing the featured plugins available for JIRA.'

When I do this, I can not see any plugins displayed.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2012

Can you directly install the Greenhopper from the plugin manager rather than manually copying the jar files?

0 votes

atlassian-jira-5.0-x64.bin this is my installration file, so I think it's the latest version

0 votes

Error meesge:This plugin failed to enable. Please refer to the logs for more information

0 votes

version:jira5.0

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2012

What version of Jira? What are the error messages?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2012

Which version of Jira are you using?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events