How to display people in left side bar in org tree shape?

Taehoon Kee November 8, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Change the look of HipChat

We want the people in left side bar to be displayed as ORGANIZATION TREE shape. Is it possible? Surely, I don't want the whole HipChat data structure to be changed. Just displaying in tree shape is enough. And the manual work for that shape is affordable. 

OR Can I MAKE A URL that connects to my HipChat desktop client and then go to specific person's conversation window? (to make a HTML that displays members as tree shape and then to be able to connects through HipChat.)

Please, let me know the possibility at least.

Thanks in advance,

Taehoon

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2016

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "organization tree shape" - do you want the rooms and people sections to be collapsible? Currently that's not an option. We do perform periodic design refreshes of the clients though, so it would be something to consider. It's not on our roadmap as of yet, however. 

Taehoon Kee November 13, 2016

OK, I've got it. Thanks for the answer.

But then, How about my second option?

I mean, imagine,  in a confluence page, if I click a link (of some member of confluence and of course HipChat too), then HipChat(desktop client) window is opened and the chatting pane with that person is opened.

Is it possible? Can I make that kind of URL on my confluence page?

If opening the HipChat desktop client is difficult, what about for the web client of HipChat? 

Regards,

~

crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2016

The HipChat desktop client does allow you to link directly to a chat - see the documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatkb/how-to-use-the-hipchat-url-scheme-755337955.html

Taehoon Kee November 14, 2016

Thanks,

I've got it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events