How to disable Go2Group plugin from jIRA adminstation?

Since I am getting the below error while lanched JIRA instance, I want to disable Go2Group plugin, Kindly help me

2013-04-05 00:50:11,152 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [atlassian.jira.event.DefaultListenerManager] Could not configure listener: Mercury Listener className:com.go2group.jira.listeners.MercuryListener
com.atlassian.jira.event.ListenerException: Could not find class: com.go2group.jira.listeners.MercuryListener

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class 'com.go2group.jira.listeners.MercuryListener' not found.

2013-04-05 00:50:12,808 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [atlassian.jira.service.OfBizServiceConfigStore] Unable to create a service config for service with the name : Mercury Service
com.atlassian.jira.service.OfBizServiceConfigStore$ClassNotFoundServiceException: Could not find class: com.go2group.jira.services.MercuryService

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class 'com.go2group.jira.services.MercuryService' not found.

My sincere Thanks

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Venu,

You can disable the Go2Group plugin via Plugins -> Manage Plugins and disable it.

For other option, you can delete the Go2Group plugin jar file via $JIRA_HOME_DIRECTORY/plugins/installed-plugins.

I see the error messsage you getting was related to the JIRA Listeners & Services where system not able to find the class of Go2Group plugin. Maybe, you can check whether the following items is still exist in your system:

1. 'com.go2group.jira.listeners.MercuryListener' via System -> Services.

2. 'com.go2group.jira.listeners.MercuryListener' via System -> Listeners.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

John chin

Hi John, Thanks for your great response. I have followed your instructions above I couldnot find those plugins/files to delete.

Actually I migrated jira 4.4.5 to 5.2. In 4.4.5v the go2group plugin was installed but I didnot installed that plugin in 5.2v since its not needed.

since I didnot installed go2group plugin in 5.2v, i cannot disable but still i am getting displyed the below mentioned error on the console, when I lanched the jira service 5.2v.

Kindly help me since this is urjent issue to resolve ASAP.

2013-04-05 00:50:11,152 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [atlassian.jira.event.DefaultListenerManager] Could not configure listener: Mercury Listener className:com.go2group.jira.listeners.MercuryListener
com.atlassian.jira.event.ListenerException: Could not find class: com.go2group.jira.listeners.MercuryListener

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class 'com.go2group.jira.listeners.MercuryListener' not found.

2013-04-05 00:50:12,808 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [atlassian.jira.service.OfBizServiceConfigStore] Unable to create a service config for service with the name : Mercury Service
com.atlassian.jira.service.OfBizServiceConfigStore$ClassNotFoundServiceException: Could not find class: com.go2group.jira.services.MercuryService

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class 'com.go2group.jira.services.MercuryService' not found

Please try install back the plugin and delete it manually from UI? You can search the class in System -> Services. and System -> Listeners.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

...staring into the background. Once the image pops out in 3D, you can look around the picture and enjoy. If you will see if you are a true illusion master! :) You did it? :) Wow! Awesome! As a bonus...

455 views 83 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you