How to determine versions?

Bennie Smith September 19, 2012

How do I tell which versions we have of all these little programs that make up this big jumble of Atlassian stuff?

I see info about this or that being for Confluence version .... or Jira version ....

Where can I find this version info on my system?

Thanks.

4 answers

0 votes
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2012

Atlassian keeps track of the versions used for the OnDemand environment on this page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Application+Versions

With every upgrade in OnDemand this page is updated.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2012

Also, for geek points, you can type AJS.params.JiraVersion into your browsers javascript console when you're on JIRA.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

Look in the footer.

There are 3 things in the Footer. One is a link to atlassian.com, the second is terms of use, and the third one points here to Answers.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2012

Footer at the bottom of every page.

However, if you're using OnDemand, as per your tag, you don't need to think about it - you're on, or pretty close to, the latest version.

Ah... Ok.

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2012

I don't know if OnDemand shows it (it can be removed). You might have access to the "system info" page as well in OnDemand - that will also show you versions.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

Yes, it does. Administration > System info > JIRA Info.

Ok, I found the Jira Info under Administration / Issues (tab) / System info. I clicked on the Wiki tab next to that Issues tab, but that doesn't tell the Confluence version as far as I saw. But, as Nic alluded to, I probably won't need to worry about versions in the online OnDemand cloud.

Suggest an answer