How to customize the screens (jsp pages)?

amar singh October 27, 2011

Hi all,

I want to customize the default JIRA screen. I have a scenario which seems little tricky at the moment. Let me explain what really I want:

I want to have a table in which users can input multiple items. They can add /or delete rows too. All that data would be stored in a separate database on the same server. (I can imagine, it's not recommended to play with the JIRA database, so that's why a seperate database altogether)

To accomplish this, I need to edit the default screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2011

Do you checkout the database custom fields available at the plugin site?

amar singh October 31, 2011

Yes, I saw those fields, but those won't solve the purpose. Those ones allow you to create drop down's from values pulled from a database. I want something that can add values to the database table.

0 votes
amar singh October 30, 2011

Jaan,

The thing is that not all users can enter data using the html code. So that's why it had to be simple table that is ready to be filled vy a user.

0 votes
Jaan Raamets October 27, 2011

If you users can handle wiki renderer then maybe you dont need modify the jsp pages. Create a Free Text Field (unlimited text) custom field and show your users https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=tables .

The customfield data is stored in "customfieldvalue" table and you could read it with your own database scripts too, but your users probably make some typos, so don't excpect it to be 100% correct wiki syntax.

0 votes
Luis Mayora
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2011

I had a bad time trying to edit JIRA jsp pages. If you do this you'd better know what you are doing since you are adding a dependency to this custom development(it is a change to a commercial product. You wont get support if somethings fails). If you know what you are doing and your users(KNOW!) what you are doing too.

Important Screens.

1. CreateIssueDetails.jsp.

2. EditIssue.jsp

3. ViewIssue.jsp

you could run this to find those files from cmd : find . -name "CreateIssueDetails.jsp" (THIS IS FOR LINUX)

amar singh October 30, 2011

So do I have to create another screen, add my table view in it and then it will show in the issue type screen scheme ??

Suggest an answer