How to customize the screens (jsp pages)?

Hi all,

I want to customize the default JIRA screen. I have a scenario which seems little tricky at the moment. Let me explain what really I want:

I want to have a table in which users can input multiple items. They can add /or delete rows too. All that data would be stored in a separate database on the same server. (I can imagine, it's not recommended to play with the JIRA database, so that's why a seperate database altogether)

To accomplish this, I need to edit the default screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I had a bad time trying to edit JIRA jsp pages. If you do this you'd better know what you are doing since you are adding a dependency to this custom development(it is a change to a commercial product. You wont get support if somethings fails). If you know what you are doing and your users(KNOW!) what you are doing too.

Important Screens.

1. CreateIssueDetails.jsp.

2. EditIssue.jsp

3. ViewIssue.jsp

you could run this to find those files from cmd : find . -name "CreateIssueDetails.jsp" (THIS IS FOR LINUX)

So do I have to create another screen, add my table view in it and then it will show in the issue type screen scheme ??

If you users can handle wiki renderer then maybe you dont need modify the jsp pages. Create a Free Text Field (unlimited text) custom field and show your users https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=tables .

The customfield data is stored in "customfieldvalue" table and you could read it with your own database scripts too, but your users probably make some typos, so don't excpect it to be 100% correct wiki syntax.

Jaan,

The thing is that not all users can enter data using the html code. So that's why it had to be simple table that is ready to be filled vy a user.

Do you checkout the database custom fields available at the plugin site?

Yes, I saw those fields, but those won't solve the purpose. Those ones allow you to create drop down's from values pulled from a database. I want something that can add values to the database table.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

151 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you