How to customize the issue view page?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2012

I am trying to add new fields in the details section of View Issue page. On the velocity page (/4.4.4/WEB-INF/classes/templates/jira/issue/summary/issuesummaryblock.vm) without referring any css file, some css classes are used where i need to do some modifications. I searched the entire workspace for the css classes but i did not find any css files with those classes.

Can you please tell me where the classes used in the vm file located?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2012
I wouldn't recommemd an approach that requires modification of system files. I can't give you a ready solution here, but i'd do so methIng like that. first, create all your fields as usual so they appear normally where your custom fields are. Second look, like Atlassian creates a section lIke People and dynamically add such a div to your DOM tree using jquery. When your document is lready. Then move the fields from the custom field section to the new section. You can package this in a classical plugin or a speak-easy plugin which a user can modify by himself. I know you need some JS know how for that but it's worth learning it.
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2012

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for your suggestion.. I tried arranging the custom fields in the details section and tried for your second approach to add some custom fields under the People and Dates section. The suggested solution is good but i feel difficult to implement. Could you please share more details about the approach like what files need to modify and how to deploy since i have no idea about the speak-easy or classical plugin.

Thanks in Advance.. Srinivas

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2012

Hi Jamie,

Will look into it now. Thanks for sharing.

-Srinivas

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2012
0 votes
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2012

In the default details section, there are only few fields with two columns and so would like to add other fields like Affects build, Resolver Build, Confirmer Build etc, in a separate colum.

0 votes
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2012

All custom fields are default in the Details section? do you mean adding JIRA fileds to that section? And why do you want to change CSS file when you are not changing the format?

Suggest an answer