How to create user input on wiki page and append it to predefined text.

Hello,

I want to create a text box which takes input from users. That text need to append with predefined text and make a url. also need to create a button which open that url in new windows.

For example:  

User Input = 101
Predefined Text = http://xyz.com?

Complete URL = http://xyz.com?101

After submit this URL should be opened on another window. 

Thanks

Ankit

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

This sounds like a general web-app coding question, nothing to do with Atlassian products.  Could you explain which product it is, and go into a bit more detail about why you want to do this?

Hello, I am using mxwiki app.  I tried to create a form on mxwiki page. when i clicked on help so i redirected to this website. Sorry if its not relevant.

If its relevant then here is explantation.

I have wiki page on which i want user can enter ID which is append to predefined URL and open that URL on different tab.

That's not something we can help you with, we're Atlassian users.  Obviously, as Atlssian people, we would recommend that you move to Confluence from mxwiki, as it's far better wink (a user macro could easily do something like that).

But if you're sticking with mxwiki, I'm afraid you're in completely the wrong place for help with that.  Sorry!

i tried to find out macro related to this but not be able to find. 

Any ways thanks for suggestion !!

I don't know what that means, sorry.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

54 views 2 4
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you