How to create a group?

is question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Adding or Removing Users in Groups

Not how to add users to a group, but how to create a group?

As a (basic) admin, do I have permissions/rights to add groups?  In the Confluence Documentation, they reference accessing the gear icon, etc., but I do not even see it.

Thank you for any direction on these questions.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

If you are an administrator, you can add groups as described at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-groups-for-administrators-138706.html#ConfluenceGroupsforAdministrators-Addordeletegroups.

This works when you are using the internal user directory. If you are connected to an external user directory like AD or Crowd, groups are added there and are synchronized to Confluence.

As a (basic) admin, do I have permissions/rights to add groups? The Confluence documentation references accessing the cog icon, etc., but I do not even see it.

You need to be a Confluence admin. Being a space admin is not enough.

Thank you, Jobin!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 2 hours ago in Europe

ABUG-20 Livestream: The 20th Atlassian Belgian User Group (including a Summit 2018 Recap)

You can't/couldn't make it to our User Group today? Don't worry, we'll be live streaming and recording the event for your sake. Comments, questions, basically any reactions can be posted below! New...

25 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you