How to create a group?

David Stutzman January 5, 2016

is question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Adding or Removing Users in Groups

Not how to add users to a group, but how to create a group?

As a (basic) admin, do I have permissions/rights to add groups?  In the Confluence Documentation, they reference accessing the gear icon, etc., but I do not even see it.

Thank you for any direction on these questions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2016

If you are an administrator, you can add groups as described at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-groups-for-administrators-138706.html#ConfluenceGroupsforAdministrators-Addordeletegroups.

This works when you are using the internal user directory. If you are connected to an external user directory like AD or Crowd, groups are added there and are synchronized to Confluence.

David Stutzman January 6, 2016

As a (basic) admin, do I have permissions/rights to add groups? The Confluence documentation references accessing the cog icon, etc., but I do not even see it.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

You need to be a Confluence admin. Being a space admin is not enough.

David Stutzman January 7, 2016

Thank you, Jobin!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events