How to create 32-bit chroot in an elastic bamboo instance?

I want to be able to create a 32-bit chroot in an elastic bamboo 64-bit instance.

There are 3 approaches I can see:

- install a 32-bit Amazon linux chroot in a stock elastic bamboo image.

- install 32-bit and 64-bit ubuntu chroots in a stock elastic bamboo image

- install the elastic bamboo agent in a ubuntu ami (and from there, using debootstrap is easy)

For the first two, the challenge I have is I'm not sure how to get debootstrap to work in an Amazon linux environment.

For the last option, the challenge I have is I'm not sure how to install the elastic agent onto a stock ubuntu ami.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I'd go with option number 3.

There will (most likely) be an Ubuntu 64 EBS stock image available with Bamboo 5.1 . We already have it available - I can share it with you if you want.

Please open a ticket at jira.atlassian.com and set security level to "Reporters and Developers".

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

176 views 18 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you