How to connect JIRA Issue to Rational tool which is already integrated, from JIRA?

Shuchita Tripathi January 15, 2013

I have integrated JIRA and RTC. I want to connect JIRA issue to RTC from JIRA, not from RTC. Could someone please guide how to do this?

Also, what is the use of OSLC link when creating an issue?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shuchita Tripathi January 17, 2013

The linking from JIRA to an RTC artifact is not possible as of now.

The current JIRA adapter is an OSLC provider but not an OSLC client. Until the OSLC client functionality is added, the linking can only happen from RTC.

Following link can be used for reference:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99475/how-to-connect-jira-issue-to-rational-tool-which-is-already-integrated-from-jira?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F99475%2Fhow-to-connect-jira-issue-to-rational-tool-which-is-already-integrated-from-jira

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Is this the plugin you used? https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/Rational_OSLC_Adapter_for_JIRA.jar

If yes, please add the label addon-Rational_OSLC_Adapter_for_JIRA.jar to this question.

Tried contacting IBM? Got any response? https://plugins.atlassian.com/vendors/984013

Shuchita Tripathi January 16, 2013

Hi Renjith,

Yes I have used the plugin you have mentioned. Unfortunately, I dont know how to add label to the question. This is the first time I am using this forum.

Havent contacted IBM because I have doubt on JIRA, as I am new to it. I know how to do the same thing from RTC.

It would be helpful if anyone could provide any information.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013
Shuchita That field does not have much to do with JIRA and that field is specific to that plugin. Hence I suggested to contact IBM.

OK.. I'll contact IBM and if I get to know the answer, i'll post here.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2013

I'm afraid that makes very little sense, as you've assumed we know everything about your systems, what they're for, and how you use and maintain them. To clarify:

• Which Rational Tool? What does the Tool do?
  • What do you mean by "integrated Jira and RTC"?
  • Define what you mean by "connect Jira Issue to RTC from Jira" (describe roughly what the user should expect/do)
  • What is an OSLC link?

Hi Nic,

I have just assumed some knowledge on JIRA tool. Nothing else.

• Which Rational Tool? What does the Tool do?

As I clearly mentioned, I am using RTC, which is Rational Team Concert. It is a change management tool.

• What do you mean by "integrated Jira and RTC"?

Integration of Jira and RTC means, i have attached these two tools using rational oslc adaptor for JIRA, so that if i want to use RTC but raise issues in JIRA, i can do so.

• Define what you mean by "connect Jira Issue to RTC from Jira" (describe roughly what the user should expect/do)

While using RTC, i faced an issue in my project and i raised it in JIRA (because I have integrated these tools), but the reverse I am not sure how to do.

I want to raise an issue in JIRA and then link it to RTC. This, I am not able to do.

• What is an OSLC link?

OSLC link is given in the issue form in JIRA itself. Please have a look at the attachments I have added. The 1st attachment is just to show the issue I am trying to raise and the second attachment shows the OSLC link I am talking about.

If you are still not clear about my question, please go through this article.

https://jazz.net/library/article/766/

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2013

Mmm, no, you've assumed people know what OSLC and RTC are. Most Jira users won't know that (I knew RTC - I've used it, hated it, and moved people off it on to Jira, but you can't assume people know the same as me)

Your explanation is much better, but my answer to the points in it are basically "what Renjith said". It's a plugin by IBM and you'll need to ask them about it. It looks like you've set it up correctly to me, so I'd be asking them too.

0 votes
Adrian SMYTH May 10, 2019

Hi, I know this discussion dates from 6 yrs. ago but just wanted to update with an interesting development.
With OSLC Connect for Jira, from Sodius, you can link Jira with OSLC engineering applications and directly integrate your workflows across repositories. Whether you’re connecting to IBM’s Jazz products or any other OSLC-compliant products, you get visibility and traceability directly inside Jira of live OSLC links. Connect your Systems and Software teams by leveraging your existing Jira installations with enterprise solutions for Requirements and Quality Management.

Organizations that have Jira deployed and looking to integrate with enterprise OSLC solutions. Especially true for teams just looking to adopt RQM or DNG into a team already using Jira.

Mark Smith February 10, 2020

Just now reading this.  Thanks for the useful information. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events