How to config outgoing email working?

Ronn Nguyen April 6, 2015

outgoing-mail.pngoutgoing-mail2.png

3 answers

0 votes

Yes, I can make it works now by changing the security of gmail account. It's great. Thank you very much.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2015

The StartTLS command is part of secure communications, but you've used a non-secure port.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA's+SMTP+Mail+Server+to+Send+Notifications for a bit more about what the settings should be

I try to use gmail to send notification email, but it still not working, I attached the way I do with Gmail as below.
What is StartTLS on Linux and Tomcat? Cause I'm not working on Linux and Tomcat before? Can you help me in easy steps?

I just want to install a JIRA on local server that can working well as cloud. I'm very thank you.

outgoing-mail3.pngoutgoing-mail4.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2015

Ok, so you've now got the correct StartTLS settings and it IS sending the right stuff. Gmail is now responding with an *Account* based failure - your previous insecure attempts have probably locked the account out as their security system would see them as an attack. As the message says, you'll need to visit gmail and log into it via a browser to confirm that you are not an attacker.

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2015

Hi Ron, 

Based on your error message, you are getting the Must issue a STARTTLS command first because in the JNDI SMTP resource configuration, mail.smtp.starttls.enable isn't turned on. 

Please have a look into this KB which has the resolution. Since you are using the google smtp, I also recommend you to check this documentation related to setup gmail as email server. 

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events