How to config outgoing email working?

outgoing-mail.pngoutgoing-mail2.png

3 answers

0 votes

Hi Ron, 

Based on your error message, you are getting the Must issue a STARTTLS command first because in the JNDI SMTP resource configuration, mail.smtp.starttls.enable isn't turned on. 

Please have a look into this KB which has the resolution. Since you are using the google smtp, I also recommend you to check this documentation related to setup gmail as email server. 

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

0 votes

The StartTLS command is part of secure communications, but you've used a non-secure port.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA's+SMTP+Mail+Server+to+Send+Notifications for a bit more about what the settings should be

I try to use gmail to send notification email, but it still not working, I attached the way I do with Gmail as below.
What is StartTLS on Linux and Tomcat? Cause I'm not working on Linux and Tomcat before? Can you help me in easy steps?

I just want to install a JIRA on local server that can working well as cloud. I'm very thank you.

outgoing-mail3.pngoutgoing-mail4.png

Ok, so you've now got the correct StartTLS settings and it IS sending the right stuff. Gmail is now responding with an *Account* based failure - your previous insecure attempts have probably locked the account out as their security system would see them as an attack. As the message says, you'll need to visit gmail and log into it via a browser to confirm that you are not an attacker.

Yes, I can make it works now by changing the security of gmail account. It's great. Thank you very much.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

53 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you