How to change remaining estimate for subtasks

Silviu Marian March 10, 2014

Hello,

I have an issue with the remaining estimate tab. Basically I can not change the remaining estimate from the plan view for user stories with subtasks.

When i click edit the remaining tab doesn't appear. Only when creating issues this tab is available.

Although when looking at a story and its subtask, next to the status you see the remaining estimate but that cannot be changed. Just the original estimation can be changed.

How can I change remaining estimates?

Thank you,

Silviu.

2 answers

0 votes
Cristian Musat March 10, 2014

Hello,

I don't see any screen besides the default screen scheme. And the "remaining" field is not available in the select field tab from the configure screen view.

Thank you,

Silviu.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2014

Silviu,

Could you check your screen scheme for your sub tasks. It could be that the fields you need are only present on the create and view screen and not on the edit screen.

take a look here for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+a+Screen+with+an+Issue+Operation

Best regards,

Peter

Cristian Musat March 10, 2014

Hello,

I don't see any screen besides the default screen scheme. And the "remaining" field is not available in the select field tab from the configure screen view.

Thank you,

Silviu.

Suggest an answer