How to call plugin UI on Transition click

I want to call plugin UI on Transition click. I donot want to display Plugin UI on main JIRA UI.

1 answer

0 vote

There is not a framework in JIRA to do this.  A workflow transition gives you the transition screen (if you choose to set one) and that's all.  Add-ons don't have direct access to that because it's part of the core functionality.

You'd need to hack the core functionality to enable it directly.

Indirectly, you could add a field that triggers your add-on, but I suspect that would be clumsy and not as functional as you would like.

A better option would be to work with the system.  Why are you trying to do this?  What is the goal of it?  Why not do it with transision screens, conditions, validators, post-functions etc?

I am having requirement to upload some fields to other website. i have download plugin for that but i dont want to display that plugin UI to every user. Is this possible to hide Plugin UI from Specific user because i dont want to give access to other users. But that plugin is display on main screen of Jira just like other fields. Please give me solution.

>I am having requirement to upload some fields to other website

The plugin you have downloaded obviously doesn't work as part of a transition for the reasons I've given already.

If you want to send data over to another system during a transition, you will need to find or write a post-function to do the send, or, if the other system supports web-hooks, use them to post the data.  That process will need to take data from fields on the issue which you are transitioning.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

286 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot