How to call javascript function which is in the included .js file ?

Techie Guy September 5, 2011

I have a gadget that includes a .js file ...there's a function in that file...How do I call it from the atlassian-plugin ?

1 answer

1 vote
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

You have to include your javascript file in a web resource section in your atlassian-plugin.xml. Then use the command #requireWebResource in your gadget.xml to load your js file. After this you can acces your functions.

Olga Svyryd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2023

Hi! I have added resource section in atlassian-plugin.xml and requireWebResource in jsp file. But how to make javascript working on jsp page load? I mean how to call javascript function on page load? Thanks!

Olga Svyryd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2023

It seems like I found a way how to make javascript function(showWarningDialog is the name) working! I return it from module like 

return showWarningDialog;

And then call IIFE(Immediately Invoked Function Expression) at the end of the file and attach listener to the window on load

(function(showWarningDialog) {
"use strict";

window.addEventListener("load", showWarningDialog);
})(require("jira/projectpicker/projectpickerutils"));

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events