How to calculate the required amount of memory

Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

After reading: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/outofmemory-errors-in-bamboo-82870484.html

Is there a formula or monitor to check what amount of memory would be sufficient?

At the moment I am running with 1024/4096 specified and still receive "out of heap space'" errors?

3 answers

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2016

Required memory involves many different components (like users, plugins, cache) and there is no exact formula. I would suggest to increase java memory parameters.

0 votes
Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2016

apologies, I've added the related link

0 votes
Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2016

Which application are you talking about? Under what circumstances do you receive "out of heap space" errors? What are the system specs on your application server?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events