How to associate the screen from a work flow transition

Sanjiv Kumar January 30, 2013

I am configuring a new product in JIRA and have a few questions.

1. How to associate the screen from a work flow transition.
I have created a screen with a subset of my project fields that are related to resolution. I want to associate the screen with all the transitions which are destined to "resolve" state. How can I do that?

2. I created a view screen ("VIP view screen") with all fields of my projects. In my project screen scheme, I associated the "VIP view screen with issue operation "view issue". However, I am still not able to see all the fields in user view of issue.

Thanks in Advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Sanjiv Kumar February 1, 2013

2. Is there way to bring all the fields on view, just in case if I want to change value?

Best Regards,

=Sanjiv=

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

1. Edit your workflow(s), and on each transition to "Resolved" edit the trasition to use the screen:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Editingordeletingatransition

2. a. Are all the fields global? If not, you will need to make sure the issue types and/or projects that you have restricted them to include the ones you are attempting to use the VIP View Screen with.

b. Check your field configurations to make sure the fields aren't hidden

What version of JIRA are you using? You might find the JIRA Admin Helper plugin useful.

Sanjiv Kumar January 31, 2013

Thanks Nat.

1) Resolved now.

2) No my fields are not hidden. They show up on view page only if value is not null.

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2013

1. cool!

2. this is actual intended functionality - you will only see the custom fields on the view screen if they have a value. :)

Sanjiv Kumar February 1, 2013

2. Is there way to bring all the fields on view, just in case if I want to change value?

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2013

Well, you could give them a default value. I'm not sure if there's a way to make them appear even when empty, unless there's some coding that would do the trick (I wouldn't be able to help with that, not quite that technical) - I did find this issue, though - so it appears there are others looking for the same functionality. :)

Suggest an answer