How to allow to edit fields over view issue screen.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

I have created view issue screen and show the number fields collected from different transition screens. so, all appear over view issue screen as i have created new screen added related fields and associated it to view issue screen..
I want users to allow them to edit fields over view issue screen.
It is possible when i keep that field into create issue screen too but it is not working if i remove fields from "Create Issue" screen.

dose it compulsory to fields can be editable if it is in create issue screen or possible without it too ?Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2013

I'm not sure I understand the question here. "I want users to allow them to edit fields over view issue screen" does not make any sense to me I'm afraid.

I think you are asking how you control in-line edit of fields? When a user goes to an issue and looks at it, they see the fields that have data, and can click on them to change values. That is controlled by the "edit" screen. A field will only be edit-enabled on "view" if the field is on the "edit" screen. The create screen does not really matter here, because it really is only used when you first start creating an issue.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

sorry for confusion...

But yes, i asked same thing in which sense you replied.

I want to edit the fields which are not in edit screen but available over one of the transition screen. so, unable to edit those fields...

(i think, have to include them in edit screen to allow editable over view issue screen). Please let me in case any other alternative availble to allow inline edit over view issue screen without putting on edit screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2013

I'm still not sure what you mean by "over" in your sentences. "Over" means "above" or "covered", and there's nothing "over" a Jira screen (unless, like me, you happen to have a cat between you and the computer, but that's not a Jira issue). That's where I'm confused, but It's easy to confuse me :-)

Anyway, no. If you want to edit a field in the "view" screen, using the in-line edit function, you have to put it on the "edit" screen. If it is not on the edit screen, then that is how you tell Jira "do not allow edit of this field". It would not make sense to do it any other way.

Maybe if you explain your requirement though, we might be able to help? I mean, why would a user want in-line edit on view but not edit? What's the scenario?

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2013

:)

i understand, it's expecting to have those fields in issue edit screen and issue view screen. so, it will be fine.

no more confusion :)

Thanks

Suggest an answer