How to add multiple validation rules to a single custom field?

Haani_Niyaz August 23, 2014

I am attempting to add multiple validation rules to single custom field to ensure the values are valid. I am using a text box custom field called 'environment' which can have either dev,test or prod.

I am aware that I can use a drop down box but I want this action to be a bit more deliberate i.e: forcing the user to enter the environment value.

Now I can add a validator rule to the transition like this which works:

cfValues['environment'] == 'dev'

However Its valid for 'test' and 'prod' so I tried the following which doesn't seem to work:

cfValues['environment'] == 'dev' or  cfValues['environment'] == 'test' or  cfValues['environment'] == 'prod'

Also tried adding separate validator rules for the same transition:

cfValues['environment'] == 'dev' 
cfValues['environment'] == 'test'
cfValues['environment'] == 'prod'

Any ideas on how I can ge this to work via validators? or failing with best method forward?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2014

That's not how validators work natively, so you must be using a scripting plugin of some sort.

Could you tell us which one?

(Although, you probably need to join your conditions with OR statements, but I can't tell you how without knowing what you're using for the script or rule engine)

Haani_Niyaz August 24, 2014
I suspect its script runner as our jira instance was setup by an external party. When I select a validator for the transition, it gives me the option to prform a it via a script. The above is a the simple version where it already pre filled it in for me(not an external script) and then I just modified the actual values.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2014

Mmm, it's worth knowing exactly what the plugin is - "cfValues" isn't a script runner function, so I don't know what's going on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events