How to Connect to JIRA Ondemand database from a external application

How to Connect to JIRA Ondemand database from a external application

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You do not. You can not get database access to Jira OnDemand. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

However, there are other ways to access information in JIRA and you should always go through standard JIRA interfaces for updates. JIRA Command Line Interface is one way and there are other ways as well. It really depends on what you need to do with the data or access.

I am using JIRA Ondemand please help me on how to link to JIRA ondemand database

Will you PLEASE read the answers you are being given. Repeating a question is pointless, especially when you have already been given the answer.

I'm trying to rename the "Epic Colour" field to "Epic Color" to deal with an integration issu we're having between two instancees of Jira. That field is locked and the only instructions for unlocking it require DB access.

So if there is no way to get DB access to an OnDemand instance, how does one unlock and change the name of the field?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/How+to+unlock+a+Locked+field

Joe

You don't.

I think Atlassian OnDemand support might do this sometimes, but you'll need to ask them.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

94 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you