How to Configure JEMH to comment only

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2015

I want to replace the inbound mail handler with a JEMH handler for a JIRA instance, however I don't want it to create emails, only to function as a comment handler but with all the "stripping of images" power that JEMH has. Been trying to figure this out, but haven't been able to figure it out and looking at the doc site it doesn't really have something there already for that (unless I've missed it). 

Thoughts?
(Hi Andy...I know you are probably going to answer this...)  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2015

Hi James!

> however I don't want it to create emails

You mean issues, right?  In which case, it depends on your JIRA/JEMH version, what are you at?

1.5.x (JIRA 6.1.x-6.2.x) or earlier

Im not sure how that could be done, create only is feasible to implement with a combination of disabling JIRA threading, and setting an invalid subject issue key regexp.  Getting the inverse (what you want) isn't a feature in this release, which prompted:

1.6.x (JIRA 6.3.x)

There is a new JEMH config option Profile > Email > Operating Mode that allows you to select specific behavior for a profile (create only, comment only, both).  This will do exactly what you describe?

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2015

Yep....that's what I thought. We are using 1.5.x and I couldn't come up with a solution that didn't depend on regex. Thanks for confirming that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events