How to Automatically Deploy from Bitbucket Repository to my Staging Server with PHPCI?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Integrate your build system with Bitbucket Cloud

We have PHP project on our bitbucket repo. Whenever any of our team member commits his participation we manually pull it from our staging server which is an AWS instance to see the effects of what every one has done.

We've decided to use any Continuous Integration tool to automatically deploy the commits instead of we manually pull commits in staging server from our bitbucket repo. So we've look for some CI tools and have chosen PHPCI(PHP Continuous Integration) as it is easy to install as compared to some others like Jenkins.

Now, I've installed PHPCI on my AWS instance and set a virtual host for the PHPCI. Almost every thing is ok (But I don't know how to write 'phpci.yml' for my project).

Now I want that whenever I or any of my team member commit into our bitbucket project repo It must get deployed automatically on our staging server.

I don't know how to do so, I've searched and spend much of my time but nothing found helpful.

There is one more thing that to include PHPCI support in my project, it is written in PHPCI documentation, I need to setup a 'phpci.yml' file.

Another related question is what should be in this 'phpci.yml' to automatically deploy the commits on my staging server.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy Chin Community Champion Nov 25, 2015

Now I want that whenever I or any of my team member commit into our bitbucket project repo It must get deployed automatically on our staging server.

Technically, what you're looking for has nothing to do with a SCM tool. While code is versioned in the SCM, what you're looking for falls under the "Continuous Integration" phase (which you've mentioned above).

While i'm no PHP developer and definitely not a PHPCI user, if you spend your time installing and figuring Bamboo or Jenkins, the process that you want is doable.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

144 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you