I have been charged with planning the upgrade of my organisation's instance of Confluence (downloaded version). We are upgrading from 4.3.2 to 5.4.4 (the directive from management is that we should upgrade to the penultimate version).
In short, success will be measured by the fact that everything runs and looks as it did in the previous version of Confluence.
So far my test plan includes:
1. Confirming layout and images look as they did before
2. Confirm all logos look as they did before
3. Confirm the search function works as expected (i.e. I can find a page I know exists)
4. Confirm all required plug ins are working as expected (i.e. that the gliffy plug in still allows me to view, add, edit or delete an image).
5. I can still export to word and PDF
6. The archiving function works as expected (I can archive and resurrect an archived page)
7. Any macros that exist continue to work as expected
What am I missing?? Any advise or guidance on how/what you have tested when upgrading Confluence would be much appreciated. If you need more info to answer this question, let me know.
Thanks in advance
Your testing scope sounds good, one recommendation is to ask some user that is daily active in your instance to test it as if he was doing his activities normally.
And also, we always recommend to upgrade in a test environment before upgrading in production, so you will have all the time needed to test however you want, then go with the same upgrade method in production.
Every team in the world is unique, and so Atlassian believes that each and every team's best way of working needs to be molded to their unique circumstances – ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot