How many links does an issue have?

Deleted user December 13, 2012

I would like to be able to display and sort by the number of links an issue has. Is there a way to do this? We would like to use this as a proxy for a priority. The more related issues (links) an issue has, the higher priority it is.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2012

I don't think you can do this in off-the-shelf Jira.

I wrote a plugin to solve this ages ago which simply did the count as a "derived field". You could sort, search as numeric (e.g. more than 20 links) and so-on.

I'm afraid that even if I dug it up and published it, you couldn't use it in OnDemand because they don't allow plugins yet. There are some things you can do with JQL I believe, but they won't display or sort.

0 votes
Michael Kennedy July 8, 2014

Was a solution found for this? I am trying to do this with the Misc Custom Fields plug-in where I have a calculated number field based on the number of linked tickets, but I am having issues with the formula counting the links. If anyone has done this, please let me know.

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

OnOndemand you can use the REST API to get an issue list and count the links (inward and outward), sort them and update the priority field by executing a remote script. All those things are supported by the remote API.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events