How long will forums.atlassian.com stay in existence (in read-only mode)?

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2011

Beginning in July 2011, forums.atlassian.com will be changed to "read-only" mode since everyone should be using answers.atlassian.com instead.

Is forums.atlassian.com planned to be kept online for the foreseeable future, since it contains a wealth of information about Atlassian products? Or would it be removed at some point since its information would become out of date? Is there a rough date set for it transitioning from read-only to offline/redirect to answers?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2011

While forums wil be deprecated soon (the date is still TBD), there are currently no plans to remove it.

Not much additional info than the doc you already found, but no need to worry about forums being deleted anytime soon.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2012

Is forums removed completely ? i am redirected to answers when i try to open a link of forums :(

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2012

We hit performance issues on Forums that necessitated that we shut it off temporarily...

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2012

I put up a yellow banner up top. We'll likely make an html mirror of the site and post that as static content, so we don't crash the server it's on anymore.

3 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011
Please preserve it! Much of the information will be useful for years to come, and is referred to from the official Atlassian documentation. ~Matt
0 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

Forever I hope. If it can't exist there (forums.atlassian.com), I hope someone could reproduce it elsehwere (ie: AFCarchives.com). The knowledge contained within is far to valuable for Atlassian to permenantly discard.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events