How long will forums.atlassian.com stay in existence (in read-only mode)?

Beginning in July 2011, forums.atlassian.com will be changed to "read-only" mode since everyone should be using answers.atlassian.com instead.

Is forums.atlassian.com planned to be kept online for the foreseeable future, since it contains a wealth of information about Atlassian products? Or would it be removed at some point since its information would become out of date? Is there a rough date set for it transitioning from read-only to offline/redirect to answers?

3 answers

1 accepted

While forums wil be deprecated soon (the date is still TBD), there are currently no plans to remove it.

Not much additional info than the doc you already found, but no need to worry about forums being deleted anytime soon.

Mizan Community Champion Jun 10, 2012

Is forums removed completely ? i am redirected to answers when i try to open a link of forums :(

We hit performance issues on Forums that necessitated that we shut it off temporarily...

I put up a yellow banner up top. We'll likely make an html mirror of the site and post that as static content, so we don't crash the server it's on anymore.

3 votes
Please preserve it! Much of the information will be useful for years to come, and is referred to from the official Atlassian documentation. ~Matt

Forever I hope. If it can't exist there (forums.atlassian.com), I hope someone could reproduce it elsehwere (ie: AFCarchives.com). The knowledge contained within is far to valuable for Atlassian to permenantly discard.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

55 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you