cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this not an email address?

Ian Thompson October 11, 2017

atlassian_broken_login.JPG

Some Questions

1. I've entered an email address, why does the login page ask me to enter an email address?

2. The login screen worked fine for 5 years, was there a rationale for replacing it with something that doesn't work? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

Hard to tell when the obscured bits might contain invalid characters.

The login screen is mostly a cosmetic update to try to get Atlassian accounts in line with the way Atlassian want to do login (the mildly  annoying and mostly pointless "ask for username first, then expand to password").

It does work though, you're going to have to explain what the problem is in more detail.  The yellow warning box only appears for me when I enter a bad email address.

If you don't want to tell the community what the email address is and you believe it to be valid, contact https://support.atlassian.com/contact instead - the issue you raise will be private.

Ian Thompson October 11, 2017

I can't find a way to edit my question, so I will reply here as I have further information. The email address is valid, the problem appears to be that I haven't typed it in, it has been filled by Chrome's autocomplete.

So the change appears to be simply one to make the login process as inconvenient as possible by forcing the user to type their login details in each and every time they log in.

The change appears to be deliberate, so I won't waste any more of the community's time on the issue. 

pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2017

Hmmm, I use Chrome's auto-complete with a problem.  In fact, as I look at your screenshot, it seems that there could be an extra space in your email address after the "@" sign. 

Is that possible?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events