How does one change the avatar for ones self?

Is it gravatar based for example?

I couldnt find a place to change it.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
6 votes

The profile picture is gravatar based, you need to associate a gravatar with the email you used to register.

Thanks. I added my email address to my existing gravatar.

It seems it may take some time (Gravatar.com says up to 24 hours) to take effect

Seems like it has updated already?

I find the question and the answer misleadin at least, as far as I know Confluence 3.5 and Jira 4.4 do not support Gravatar at all. If these were added later it should be specified too. Also the question is far too broad as th atlassian product range is huge.

Ah sorry it's misleading. This question pertains to Answers. For JIRA and Confluence, we have some open requests:

For starters...

Here's a few tips for using Gravatar...

• You can link multiple email addresses to one Gravatar Account
  • You can keep multiple pictures on Gravatar, and assign different ones to each email address (or use the same one)
  • Gravatar uses the same username/password as wordpress.com, so you might already have a login there
  • Gravatar pictures can be given a rating. I recommend using a G-Rated picture at all times, but you may have different personal preferences!

Pictures are served via an email Hash, so pictures are unique to an email address but people can't reverse-engineer your email address from the Gravatar URL.

1 vote
Paul Curren Atlassian Team May 23, 2011

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

138 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you