How does JEMH know which project to create an issue for when processing an email?

Tony August 7, 2013

I have JEMH processing issues from a support email box and using the directive @Project as the 'key' to which project get the associated JIRA issue created. Is this correct? That is, if the JEMH directive in the email is @Project=MyProject then a JIRA issue will be created in the project MyProject? I am using default emh.properties file.

Please advise on how else one could parse an email and determine which project gets the JIRA issue.

Using RHEL 6.3, Jira 4.3.3, JEMH 0.9.7

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tony August 25, 2013

JEMH uses by default the @Projectdirective.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

Hi Tony,

If you have @Project=ABC then that should work, with assumptions like the sender address relates to a registered user, or you have a default 'jira' user defined. Really, I have trouble remembering details, its now years since I looked at 0.9.x. From memory, all processors were enabled. Perhaps you enable logging to see whats going on:

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/JEMH+Installation+for+Jira+4.x

Classic problems include:

- you arent using JEMH as a mail handler (indicated by @Project=ABC appearing in your issue content)

- default reporter / associated user not having sufficient privileges in the issue (logging will tell more).

FYI 'current' JEMH documentation is only applicable to JIRA 5.x+ compatible releases (pre 5.0 there was no UI, just a monster property file) , documentation for legacy releases are at https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Pre+1.0+Content

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

If the default is not a valid project, the issue will fail to be created, and a rejection notification will be sent to the sender.

Tony August 7, 2013

After lookig at the logs it appears JEMH can not find the project MyProject and it is going to the deftault project I created called UNKNOWN, although the issue does not get created in the default project UNKNOWN either (so where does it finally 'land' I wonder)?

25357 2013-08-08 08:34:29,409 QuartzWorker-0 DEBUG [jira.emh.engine.IssueCreationHelper] setting up project
25358 2013-08-08 08:34:29,409 QuartzWorker-0 DEBUG [jira.emh.engine.IssueCreationHelper] Looking up project by all possibles :UNKNOWN
25359 2013-08-08 08:34:29,409 QuartzWorker-0 DEBUG [jira.emh.engine.IssueCreationHelper] Using project: UNKNOWN - Project: UNKNOWN

The project MyProject is a clone of an existing project ProdProject. The cloning was done with a scriptrunner process that is recommended by Jira.

What could possible cause MyProject not to get issues created? What are the issues when cloning a project that may cause these (or other) problems? And where does the issue 'land' if it cannot be created in the default (UNKNOWN) project?

Thanks.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events