Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you update "Pending Reason" - service desk

Robb Breckenridge June 12, 2017

In Jira Service Desk, we have a "Pending Reason" field that has 5 possible answers in a dropdown menu. I'd like to update the dropdown with addtional reasons -- does anybody know how?

3 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Mikko Väänänen January 15, 2018

I had a quite difficult time to find this one so I want share this information for you guys also.

"Pending reason" is a custom field. So you can alter the options by log in as admin, go to Jira Settings, go to Custom Fields and search for the "Pending Reason" custom field. Click the three dots and choose Configure. There you have option to Edit Options.

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2018

perfect. works perfect. I often cant find things, in this case it was NOT on the "field configurations" area which i reached by link from the screens menu.

Nadzirah Husna September 20, 2018

Thanks so much Mikko!

ylongoria April 18, 2019

Something I just learned which is the BEST tip. Once you are in JIRA Settings if you hit "." (period) it pulls up a menu where you can type in what you want to change and you are zipped right to that page! So good :) 

Like # people like this
Lucien Janssens August 9, 2022

Looks like some things have changed over time in Jira. 
I found it in Settings (Gear icon)  > Jira settings > Issues 
(in the left pane) Fields > Custom fields
Enter Pending in the search box  , click the ...  on the right and select Contexts and default value  then edit options 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Robb Breckenridge July 18, 2018

Thanks, I found it, I was trying to edit the field, but I needed to configure it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

Log in as an admin, go to the service desk configuration in the project to see how the field is set up, and follow that to the list of options.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events