Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you move a single user from one Crowd directory to another?

Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

I have an install of Crowd 2.2.2 with two user directories. For this exercise let's call the directories OSI and GCI. I have a single user who is a member of the GCI directory. I need to move him to the OSI directory. Migrating all users from GCI into OSI is fairly simple but I can't find a way to move a single user from one to the other. So far my best idea is to export all GCI users to a CSV file, eliminate all but the single user I need and import the file. That seems a bit roundabout and likely to have unintended (bad) consequences. Is there a better way?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

You could do this in the database

Basically the 3 tables you'll need to look at are cwd_user, cwd_group and cwd_membership

The easiest part is changing the user, you would simply change the directory_id field for that particular user in cwd_user

However, you also need to update that user's membership details which will involved making sure corresponding groups exist in the cwd_group table and updating the membership table to point to the new cwd_group id's and directory_id

Take a look at the schema, it's pretty easy to navigate

Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2012

Score! That was it. Thanks, Colin.

Devu Heda
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2012

This change needs to be restart JIRA is there a way to avoid that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events