How do you get the Karma King/Queen badge?

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 23, 2011

It looks like some people should already have this badge.

Edit: Sorry folks, I should have been a bit more specific. No one seems to have got the badge yet, even though they clearly should have. Likely a bug. D'ya think?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 6, 2011

I've filed a bug ANSWERS-199. We'll see what happens.

Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2011

I found that I didn't get it until I'd earned some more karma after the change was rolled out. I assume it checks for eligibility when the karma total changes.

Marketplace Partner
August 7, 2011

@Penny Wyatt[Atlassian] & @Jeremy Largman [Atlassian]: Yes, I've got the badge now. It's weird how it's only just kicked in. Ho-hum.

2 votes
BrittanyA July 23, 2011

You unlock the badge when you earn 1,500 Karma points, and it notifies Atlassian that you are eligible for the first swag prize. However, it isn't full functional yet and there's an open ticket: ANSWERS-107.

1 vote
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2011

I'd bet it is similar to when the Autobiographer badge was unavilable unitl a bug was fixed. Did you file a bug in theANSWERS project?

0 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2011

I'd bet it is similar to when the Autobiographer badge wasunavilable unitl a bug was fixed. Did you file a bug in theANSWERS project?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2011

The Karma is working off the stuff we do here on answers. There's a batch of users (including me) who have an artificial starting point because Atlassian gave us a head start, based on our previous activity on the old forums. My guess is that the King/Queen badge is going to click in when a person reaches the limit without counting our forum Karma?

Marketplace Partner
July 23, 2011

I don't think so. I have no "previous karma", so it does look like it's working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events