How do you create an epic swimlane in a kanban board?

Veronica April 2, 2013

I want to have my swimlanes grouped by epics. How do you create a wild card in the JQL?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JoanneA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi Veronica,

Unfortunately you have to create the swimlanes manually per epic at the moment. However, it's something that's requested quite a lot and there is an issue in our backlog to add this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7753

Please watch the issue to keep an eye on progress, and vote or comment on it to add your support.

Thanks!

Veronica April 2, 2013

Bummer. I will be looking forward to this new feature.

Yael Rabinovitz June 25, 2013

The question was for the kanban boards and the feature you reffer to 7753 is only for Scum boards...when will it be available for Kanban ?

Also what is the order of Epics as swimlanes ? Alphabetic ?

0 votes
Deleted user February 13, 2014

The answer from Atlassiaon refers to Scrum boards and not Kanban boards. I belive issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9144, covers what is being asked for.

0 votes
Yael Rabinovitz June 23, 2013

The issue you reffered to is only for the Scrum boards, We need it in the Kanban board

Is there an issue for that ?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Code wise, it's done like this:

List<IssueLink> links = issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(epic.getId());

Unfortunately, OnDemand does not allow customization. You're out of luck for this one i think.

XDarren Jones September 14, 2013

Hi Timothy,

Could you please let me know where I'd have to apply this customisation?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer