How do we change the organization name on our JIRA license?

David Buonomano October 24, 2012

My organization used to be named ABC Consulting, but 3 years ago we changed to ABCD Consulting (Names changed for public posting :)). Somehow the organization name on our JIRA instance is still ABC Consulting and it is displayed at several places throughout the application. This is a problem as we expose our instance of JIRA to our customers and they are seeing the wrong company name. How can we get this changed?

Thanks

Dave

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2012

If you are looking to change the title of your instance of JIRA you could do that by change your application title by going to "Administration" -> General Settings and changing the title.

However, if you are looking at getting the registered name on the license, you might want to contact Atlassian Support

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2012

Hi,

look at the general configurations in your Administration Console, there you can find the title of your Jira instance.

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes
David Buonomano October 25, 2012

Didn't see that last part of nbhushan's comment :) Thanks!

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2012

As nbhushan mentioned, you have to contact Atlassian Support to change your licence's owner name.

0 votes
David Buonomano October 25, 2012

It's not the Title that needs to be updated, under the General Configuration section I updated the Title a long time ago. I'm talking about the Organization name on the license page... Administration > System > License > Organization. How do I get that changed? Starting to think Atlassian might just need to reissue a license...

Suggest an answer