How do move a task created into an active sprint under a user story?

Veronica Stewart January 7, 2013

There are some task created in Jira that need to be moved into my active sprint, but when I try to use the "move" action, I do not have the option to move a task under a story. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

I am not sure if I got your question. I don't think you can categorize a task under a story. I would categorize them under an epic.

Also, you can just drag the task into the active sprint.

Veronica Stewart January 8, 2013

Actually, these are bugs when I looked closer. What is the typical practice on handling bugs in sprints when you can only create "sub-tasks" under a story?

If a developer creates a task accidentally than creating a sub-task under a story.. how do you correct it?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

when you can only create "sub-tasks" under a story

A sub-task is not tied to any issue type.

If a developer creates a task accidentally than creating a sub-task under a story.. how do you correct it?

I believe that you use the "Convert to Sub-task" (source)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Bugs are usually created as sub-tasks and while creating sub-tasks under an issue that is planned for a sprint, it automatically appears below the parent task in the board. And like Timothy says, move them under the right parent task, if people make a mistake.

Veronica Stewart January 8, 2013

Is it possible to create a new "sub-task issue type as a "bug"?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

You can't have two issue types with the same name whether a main or a sub-task.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Call it as "Sprint Bug" ;)

Suggest an answer