How do I use dashboard widgets with the GreenHopper Scrum Board

Nick Petrovits August 20, 2012

I'm using the Scrum planning board to plan my project, but the JIRA dashboard components are quite worthless when using this planning board.

Even the simplest widget, GreenHopper Days Remaining, only works off of version and can't report the number of days in the current sprint.

We were previously using versions to track our sprints, but now that Atlassian added the sprint functionality dirctly to the planning board, we moved that. The problem is that none of the JIRA dashboard components seem to be compatible with this concept. There is also now no easy way for me to put all my tasks in a sprint into a version. These changes have really made the product quite frustrating to use.

When is this going to be updated?

Edit- Dec 11, 2012:

Its been a couple of months now and the dashboard components still haven't been updated. All it looks like that Atlassian team has done is add the word "Classic" to the ones that aren't compatible with the current project planning boards. It's quite disapointing to see this has remained broken for so long.

4 answers

0 votes
Jakob Rödström December 10, 2012

Agree. Still a problem for us. Does anyone know if there is a corresponding issue to VOTE for at https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa or so?

0 votes
Jakob Rödström December 4, 2012

I agree on the first part, all the wallboard components regarding getting visibility of the work done and the time etc. are now legacy and can no longer be used in a good manner.

There is also now no easy way for me to put all my tasks in a sprint into a version. These changes have really made the product quite frustrating to use.

Have you tried the "Release" feature in the Kanban board? There you can multi-tag all the stuff that is done to a fixVersion of your choice.

As of today that is the way to tag stuff into versions today. When it comes to the stuff in sprint, we finalize the sprint and then tags the stuff up afterwards.

Nick Petrovits December 10, 2012

Using the release feature doesn't work very well for us. We'd like a better integration with Bamboo so tasks could be tied with a release automatically when we trigger a release build. Without automation, the release feature isn't really valuble.

0 votes
DiegoP November 14, 2012

Me too, this is key.

0 votes
Peter Gaines September 10, 2012

I would also like a response to this as the widgets are no longer useful with the move to the RapidBoard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events