Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upload add-on jar to Bitbucket?

Sreeja P March 21, 2019

Hi,

I am trying to update a Bitbucket add-on which involves uploading the latest jar. I am following the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/installing-marketplace-apps-273875715.html but  I don't see the "Upload add-on" or "Upload app" link. Could someone help me with this?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2019

Are you on Bitbucket Cloud or Server?

Sreeja P March 21, 2019

Hi Nic,

I am on Bitbucket Server. I have admin privileges for my account.

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2019

Ok, good (as you don't get "upload" on Cloud!).  Which version of Bitbucket is it?  Can you show us the Admin screen the upload option should be on? (obscure or don't screenshot anything sensitive like your url - we just need menu down to missing upload link)

Sreeja P March 21, 2019

We have Atlassian Bitbucket v5.16.0. Below is the screenshot. The documentation says -

"Click the Upload add-on or Upload app link at the top right side of the page."

But I don't see the Upload add-on or Upload app link.

UploadCapture.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2019

Hmm.  That's odd.  I can think of two ways to do that - one is to not have any internet connection on your Bitbucket server (you can check that by clicking "find new apps" - that will return nothing if it can't reach the marketplace), but the main one is that there is a flag that a system admin can enable in the properties file which turns off the ability to add new Apps.

Could it be one of those two?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events