Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I setup a kiln account so that I don't have to enter my username and password all the time?

Kronos Koders June 27, 2012

I have a Kiln account that I use to manage my repository. However, I've noticed that everytime SourceTree access my Kiln account I have to enter in my username and password at least 3-4 times. I've checked the box that says "Save pass in your keychain", but this does nothing to stop the behavior.

I've followed the steps outlined in this question, but to no avail. In fact I know have an error output of the following:

warning: <sub domain>.kilnhg.com certificate with fingerprint fe:ad:65:89:5f:6f:1a:21:a8:33:45:6c:2a:cb:ca:bd:e9:e5:f0:01 not verified (check hostfingerprints or web.cacerts config setting)

Does anyone know how to setup a Kiln account correctly in Sourcetree

1 answer

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2012

Do you have more than one user name for that domain? This usually only happens if SourceTree can't figure out in advance what user name to use to look up the password in your keychain. I have a Kiln account set up here with the password saved in the keychain and it's fine - this works for me because SourceTree remembers the last user name used for a host and tries that in the first instance for looking up the keychain (which requires the username to be known in advance).

One way to resolve the ambiguity is to include the user name in the Kiln URL. Unfortunately because Kiln uses full email addresses as user names this gets a little messy because you have to encode the '@', but something like this works:

https://you%40domain.com@your.kilnhg.com/path/to/repo

So in this case I've taken my user name, 'you@domain.com' and prefixed it on to the URL with an '@', but I also had to encode the '@' in the user name as '%40'.

This is a bit messy and actually shouldn't be required if you only have one user name which SourceTree remembers (that works for me), but this should at least get you past it regardless.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events