How do I see which developer has the most REOPENED JIRAs?

Shawn Wallack December 14, 2011

I want to query JIRA to see the assignees with the most re-opened JIRAs. The objective is to identify developers who may need additional training.

I would prefer to see this as a PERCENTAGE rather than a RAW number. For example, consider the case where Joe has resolved 100 JIRAs and had 20 get re-opened. Then there's Bill, who resolved only 30 JIRAs, but 15 them get re-opened. In this example, Joe has more re-opened JIRAs, but Bill is the one who needs more training. Joe has a rate of 20% re-opened, where Bill has 50%. It might be even better if I could limit this by date; for example looking at only the last 6 months of data.

One consideration is that a single JIRA may have multiple assignees overtime. I need to identify the single assignee who changed the status from In-progress to Resolved.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

Enhancer Plugin for JIRA has reopening counter as well as Reopenings issue tab field.

You can find detailed info for "Reopenings" here.

Also you can configure gadget to see charts.

Regards

Tuncay

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2011

You can use the JQL,

status was REOPENED

and create a filter. After creating the filter, use the PieChart report to plot the graph by assignee.

Suggest an answer