How do I see which developer has the most REOPENED JIRAs?

I want to query JIRA to see the assignees with the most re-opened JIRAs. The objective is to identify developers who may need additional training.

I would prefer to see this as a PERCENTAGE rather than a RAW number. For example, consider the case where Joe has resolved 100 JIRAs and had 20 get re-opened. Then there's Bill, who resolved only 30 JIRAs, but 15 them get re-opened. In this example, Joe has more re-opened JIRAs, but Bill is the one who needs more training. Joe has a rate of 20% re-opened, where Bill has 50%. It might be even better if I could limit this by date; for example looking at only the last 6 months of data.

One consideration is that a single JIRA may have multiple assignees overtime. I need to identify the single assignee who changed the status from In-progress to Resolved.

2 answers

0 vote

You can use the JQL,

status was REOPENED

and create a filter. After creating the filter, use the PieChart report to plot the graph by assignee.

Enhancer Plugin for JIRA has reopening counter as well as Reopenings issue tab field.

You can find detailed info for "Reopenings" here.

Also you can configure gadget to see charts.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

286 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot