How do I search for a fixed text string in field 'Summary'?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Search syntax for text fields

We want to search the field 'Summary' for a text string with a specific string of words in the exact order of e.g. "exact string". This search gives combinations of exact and string in various Summary fields:  summary ~ "exact string".

How do we do it to have the desired result?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Vasiliy Zverev Community Champion Dec 14, 2015

Ok, then try Try JQL statement: summary = "exact string"

When I trun this I get the error:

"The operator '=' is not supported by the 'summary' field."

Vasiliy Zverev Community Champion Dec 14, 2015

Try JQL statement: summary ~ "test"

As Lena said in a separate post, we have tried: summary ~ "exact string" which is what you suggest. We do not get the results with only "exact string" in that exact set up. We get combinations with "exact" and "string" where string sometimes comes before "exact" does.

We only want the EXACT "exact string". Is there a way to do this?

We have tried: summary ~ "exact string" which is what you suggest. We do not get the results with only "exact string" in that exact set up. We get combinations with "exact" and "string" where string sometimes comes before "exact" aso.

We only want the EXACT "exact string". Is there a way to do this?

And that does not work. This is the message: 'Error in the JQL Query: Expecting either 'OR' or 'AND' but got 'Exposure”'. (line 1, character 38)'

This query: project = GPI AND summary = ”Single exposure" get following message : Error in the JQL Query: The quoted string has not been completed. (line 1, character 49)

Anyone sees where the problem is? How can I search for two words in the exact order???

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 5 hours ago in Europe

Topic Tuesday: How did you learn about the AUG programme?

Back in 2010 I hadn't been using the Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo) that long and I started searching online to see if I could chat to other users primarily about how they used the produc...

13 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you