How do I print the for loop count value in Xporter template?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

Using the examples from XpandIT's Working With Advanced Templates documentation, how do I export just the total number of values resulting from this query and print that into a new line / cell?  It seems like it should be really straight forward, but I'm missing something

#{for i=JQLIssuesCount|clause=project = DEMO}
${JQLIssues[i].Key} - ${JQLIssues[i].Summary} 
#{end}

Ex: say in this code example, DEMO has 5 issues. so i = [0,1,2,3,4] I assume as an array of values totaling how many were found in the query.  How do I print the total count of values in that array so that my exported cell has a value of "5"?

The following do not work:

#{[i]} shows #{[0]} or #{[1]} or .... as iterates
#{JQLIssuesCount[i]}
#{i}

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2016

Hi Geoff Wilson,

You just need to use the var: JQLIssuesCount to get the value. In this case: ${JQLIssuesCount}

Thank you.

Cheers,

RMRodrigues.

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2016

I honestly do not remember what I was trying to do with this question, but this answer would likely make sense as JQLIssuesCount I guess is aware of what query took place and you can then put ${JQLIssuesCount} anywhere if so ... or only within that iteration? I have no idea haha. Only found this old question of mine by once again trying to tinker with Xporter and having tons of problems.

0 votes
Jörg Schäfer March 3, 2017

I have a similar question.

I want to print out the actual counter to produce numered headings "User Story 1...2...3" in my document.

I ve tried something (JQLIssues[stories], stories, stories.toString()...) but can't figure it out.

#{for stories=JQLIssuesCount|clause=issue in
linkedIssuesByDepth('${JQLIssues[epics].Key}', 1, 'fordert an') and issuetype = Story and ... }

User Story ${stories}

${wiki:JQLIssues[stories].anyContent}
#{end}

Can give me a hint, please?

Thanks in advance

Jörg

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2017

Hi Jorg,

Here is an example:

#{for stories=JQLIssuesCount|clause=project = DEMO}
   ${JQLIssues[stories].Key}
   (Issue ${stories} of ${JQLIssuesCount})
#{end}

Cheers,

Rui.

Jörg Schäfer March 3, 2017

thx Rui,

so ${stories} was always right. With your examle in my template it looks like ... (Issue  of 10).

I am using XPorter Version 4.3.10-j6, since last week wink

Jörg

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2017

Hi,

The example above is for Xporter 5.

For version 4, it's a little bit more tricky, but it works

#{for stories=JQLIssuesCount|clause=project = DEMO}
   ${JQLIssues[stories].Key}  
   (Issue %{stories =+'[stories]'.replace(/\D/g,'')+1;stories.toString()}
of ${JQLIssuesCount})
#{end}

Try it. It must work like a charm. wink

Cheers,

Rui.

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2017

Hi,

Did it work?

Cheers,

Rui.

Jörg Schäfer March 6, 2017

Hi Rui,

Yesss! It works.

Thanks a lot, again.

Jörg

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2017

Great.

Cheers.

Rui Rodrigues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events