Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move an entire WIKI site from one project to another in bitbucket?

KeithR December 11, 2013

I'd like to take all the pages in a WIKI in an existing project and copy them to a new project. I don't see any way to copy, export or move WIKI content.

2 answers

4 votes
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2013

The wiki pages in a repository are a repository themselves. You simply need to clone the wiki, then push it back into your new location. The wiki clone URL can be found in the wiki under the 'Clone wiki' button.

0 votes
Alcos-Guy D. April 25, 2019

in the wiki that has been created in the new projet :

+ remove Home.md, commit

+ git pull old-wiki master --allow-unrelated-histories

+ merge, commit, push

remove the old wiki

gigapede May 31, 2019

Thank you, but I'm still a little lost. Some of what you said looks like Git CLI commands, but I've never seen concatenated commands work in sequence like `merge, commit, push`. That's cool if it works that way but I'm not sure where "remove the old wiki" would even be typed or performed and I don't want to type commands blindly into my wiki without knowing whether I'm doing the right thing.

I'm new to this software and Googling for the answer led me here. Thank you in advance!

gigapede June 1, 2019

I'm assuming that some of these commands are from a shell and some are from accessing features on the site, can you please elaborate with the steps?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events