Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I link installer path to Bamboo build

AmitB August 15, 2012

My build create an installer exe and copies it to a shared drive. What is the correct way in Bamboo to link this path to a build such that testers could access it easily from Bamboo or Jira?

2 answers

1 vote
sdfg sdew August 18, 2012

spam

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2012

The easiest way is to make it an artifact, but that means that it will be copied to the Bamboo server and not accessed from the shared drive.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Hm... maybe capture in the Artifact the path where the installer.exe was copied to? But that would make the link to be two-click in the Jira & Bamboo I presume...

AmitB August 18, 2012

How can I include a path? Seems like Bamboo automatically looks for binary artifacts in a specific dir. I wish to just include the installer path with each build.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2012

I was thinking about a solution where your build would create an artificial file containing just path to the created installer. Something like "echo $installer_path >> path.artifact" and later retrieve that 'path.artifact' file as a Bamboo Artifact.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events